formerly

formerly Penny Pinching Provisions

Friday, April 29, 2011

Frozen Yogurt Pops

     I have a serious addiction to ice cream. I blame my dad really. He is the one who always wants it at 9pm. Now, I have fallen in to the same habit. Put E to bed, eat ice cream. Almost nightly. I know. I know.
     These frozen yogurt pops are a great lowfat, lowcal alternative to ice cream. And, it's the perfect snack on warm days. (Random side note, I hear the ice cream truck driving by outside. Not even kidding. Timing is everything.) This is my second attempt at popsicle making since I bought my molds a couple of months ago, and I've been very pleased with the outcome....but this still doesn't mean I'll give up my Blue Bell. I just won't eat it as often.
     I chose strawberries this time, but you could use the same amount of raspberries, blueberries, or cherries.

2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
2 cups frozen berries
1/2--3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • Combine in food processor or blender until smooth. 
  • Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
Linked up to
Sweet Tooth FridaySweet Tooth Friday
and

SweetasSugarCookiesSweets for Saturday

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! So much better than store-bought popsicles.

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea - I just know they have to be as tasty as they look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! These are very good. We even had some leftover filling that wouldn't fit in our molds, so my daughter ate it out of a bowl. She loves it both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hii there!!! i noticed you changed your layout? i love it!

    and while you are eating popsticles im having hot soups here hehehe. this recipe sure sounds good frozen

    ann,.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Change is good:)
    We eat popsicles all year round...even in winter when it's 2*.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It