Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Spinach, Bacon, and Sundried Tomato

     This is one of my favorite pizzas I have made! It's so flavorful and different from "regular" pizza. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pepperoni and mushroom pizza on butter cheese crust. But there is just something special about this pizza.
     I saw the recipe on Cooking Creation. Basically, the only changes I made were to use bacon and my favorite beer batter pizza dough. I really thought the flavors of the dough and toppings complimented each other! We'll definitely be making this one again.


1 pizza crust
1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 c fresh spinach
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 c alfredo sauce (I used the powdered mix,and froze the other half for another time)
4 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c shredded Asiago cheese
1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
  • Preheat oven to 425*. 
  • Bake beer batter pizza dough 5-7 minutes.
  • Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir constantly until wilted down; about 1 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn the heat down to low.  Add the cooked chicken, bacon, stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.  Remove from heat and set aside
  • Spread the alfredo sauce evenly over the crust.
  • Top with sun-dried tomatoes and chicken/spinach mixture.
  • Sprinkle the Asiago, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over all.
  • Bake pizza for 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. I had a reader suggest adding bacon and I thought it was a great idea, so I tried it and it really is a wonderful addition to this! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Yours turned out fabulous! I'm excited to try your beer batter pizza dough! :)

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It