The second method, is for "baked" potatoes made in the microwave.
salt (or other seasonings)
- Thinly slice the potato and place on a microwave safe plate. I like to cover the plate with parchment paper, but you could spray it with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook 4-5 minutes or until potato is tender. Sometimes, I like to cook until the potato is crispy almost like a chip.
- Cut the potato lengthwise, but don't go all the way through the back. Then make several slices across the width. It will look a little like the threads on a football.
- Place on a microwave safe plate, and cook 3-4 minutes until potato is tender. Do not over cook...unless you like dry potatoes.
- Top with salt, pepper, cheese, etc.