We used chicken this time around, but you could use whatever meat you have on hand (even leftover!). Bacon, pork and ground beef/turkey are good choices. Cheese quesadillas are also very good (still use the seasonings).
1/2 lb chicken
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp chili powder (more for spice)
Mrs. Dash (fiesta lime), couple shakes
1/2 c shredded cheddar
4 whole wheat or Spinach tortillas
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400*. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spray large skillet and set over medium high heat. Add about a tablespoon of oil . Add chicken sprinkled with salt, pepper, chili powder, and Mrs. Dash. Cook until no longer pink. Break chicken into smaller pieces during cooking
- Arrange chicken over two of the tortillas. Sprinkle on some cheese. Place the other tortillas on top to form two quesadillas.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until crisp (5-6 minutes).
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.