This week, for lack of time, I'm posting a breakfast for dinner idea. Sometimes, I find recipes, or have ideas for breakfast foods, but I just don't have time in the morning to make them. In those cases, we eat breakfast for dinner.
If you follow my blog, you may have noticed that I've had a lot of strawberry recipes recently. We've been using up the almost five pounds of u-pick strawberries we got at the local berry farm. I think I have one more new recipe to post after this one, so stay tuned for that. It's a delicious honey sweetened strawberry freezer jam! It's so much better than store bought jam!
makes about 18 crepes
Crepes: from Better Homes & Gardens
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup flour (take out 2 Tbl if using whole wheat)
1 Tbl oil
1/4 tsp salt
(For dessert crepes, omit salt and add 2 Tbl sugar)
Filling: From Joy Bauer
15 oz Ricotta
2 Tbl milk
6 Tbl powdered sugar (or regular)
1/2 tsp vanilla
Strawberries, blueberries, or whatever fruit you want
- Combine milk, flour, eggs, oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat till well mixed.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet.
- Remove skillet from heat and spoon 2 Tablespoons of the batter. Lift and tilt pan to spread batter.
- Return to heat, brown on one side only.
- Flip pan over onto a paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare ricotta by whisking the ingredients.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of ricotta on each crepe. Fold the sides in and top with fruit.
- For freezing: Place two layers of waxed paper between extra crepes to freeze. Let them thaw at room temperature for about an hour before using...or pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Link to your Meat Free main dish post, not to your blog's main page
- Link back to my Meat Free Monday blog post
- Display my Meat Free Monday button on your post
- Visit other Linky Party guests