Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mustard Maple Pork

     I think mustard is one of the greatest condiments, so any recipe that uses a little mustard will be appealing to me. I love that it's so versatile! You can add it to chili, hot dogs, salads; the list goes on and on. This recipe is for pork, but you could easily use chicken.
     My favorite part of this pork is that it is sweet, tangy, and a little spicy. I had it as a salad the first night, and I'm thinking I might make a wrap with shredded carrots and spinach for lunch today.
     Sorry to take credit away from the inventor of this, but I can't remember where I found this recipe. It calls for pork chops. I accidentally thawed out pork roast, Stupid unlabeled bags in the freezer!, and didn't realize it until they were already thawed. It still came out fine.

4 Tbl maple syrup
4 Tbl Dijon mustard
4 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
8 thinly sliced pork chops
Spinach leaves for salad
Balsamic vinegar or your favorite Vinegarette
  • In a small bowl, combine syrup, mustard, oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a plastic bag.
  • Place pork in bag and shake to coat.
  • Cook (or grill)over med-high a couple minutes per side.
  • Toss spinach and dressing in a bowl and top with pork.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a mustard kick recently. Last night, I did a honey-dijon chicken that was SO good! I love that you added maple! I'm sure this tasted lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It