Depending on what type of apples you use, your pie could be sweet or tart. Mine was tart since I used Granny Smith.
This dessert went over very well for our gluten-free guests we had a couple of weeks ago. It was all eaten that day. We'll definitely be making this again.
2 large crisp apples, peeled
3/4 cup 100% apple juice, not from concentrate
2 Tbl brown sugar
2 tsp butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mist pie plate with cooking spray (I use oil in a spray bottle)
- Core apples and slice very thin.
- Arrange apples in overlapping circles
- In a small bowl, whisk juice, sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Pour half of the juice mixture over apples.
- Bake 25 minutes
- Pour the rest of the juice mixture over apples, and bake about 20 minutes or until apples are tender and the glaze has carmalized.
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for Saturday