I served this with a small chop salad.
Estimated cost: Chicken $2, tomato sauce $0.30, lemon/lime $1, salsa $0.75, OJ $0.60...$4.65
1Tbl ground flaxseed
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 can (6oz) frozen orange juice concentrate (I had to use part of a bigger can since I couldn't find this size)
1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 tsp hot pepper salsa (I used hot sauce)
4 chicken breasts or tenderloins
3/4 cup chunky salsa
- Grate zest of lemon and lime into resealable bag. Squeeze juice from both into the bag.
- Mix in everything else except the chicken and chunky salsa.
- Drop in chicken, reseal the bag, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Grill chicken, turning and basting with marinade a few times. Cook until the center is no longer pink.
- Serve with the chunky salsa.