This burger was so good! My husband was surprised that it was almost as good as our favorite burger joint here in town. I think the most surprising part of this being so good is that it has oatmeal and spinach mixed in! Anything to get vegetables in tummies at this house! Seriously, don't be turned off by that. It is so good, and you won't regret trying it.
The second recipe is for oven fries that we served with our burgers. I'm still trying to get grilled fries to work, but that hasn't happened yet. I'll let you know when I do.
from David Zinczenko
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup diced onion
1/2 cup chopped spinach
2 Tbl shredded mexican-blend cheese
salt and pepper
- Whisk the egg. Add everything else and mix.
- Form into 4 patties
- Place on grill over medium-high heat, and cook 4-6 minutes per side.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings.
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*. Coat a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip cut potatoes in the egg and place in a bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes over and bake for 15 more minutes or until crisp.