Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally, Mashed Potatoes

     I don't know about you, but I can never make mashed potatoes! They are either too lumpy or too runny. No flavor or too much salt. I just can't seem to get it right.
     Finally, a couple of weeks ago I found a recipe that works for us. Of course, I changed it a little...and we love it! They are just the right amount of seasonings and texture.
     I found the recipe in a PTO fundraiser cookbook from the school where my Mamaw used to work. I love that cookbook!
Estimated cost: potatoes $0.50, milk $0.07 $0.57

 4 potatoes, 
1/2 cup milk, 
1-1/2 tsp salt, 
1/4 cup butter, 
1/4 tsp pepper
....and my own addition: chopped chives from our garden
  • Peel and quarter potatoes
  • Cook in boiling water, covered, for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain
  • Mash with potato masher or mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. 
  • Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It