Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers


     My friend's step mom makes these for every cookout and tailgate party I've ever been to. They are pretty much my favorite things. I finally got up the nerve to make them myself, and I almost couldn't stop eating them! It's a good thing we had several friends over to help me out.
     I had a little extra filling left over, and I had a little extra bell peppers left over from my garden. I filled the bell peppers and grilled them the same way, and they were amazing! I almost couldn't decide which I liked better.  Either way, I'm sure everyone will love them.

13 jalapeno peppers
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar (optional-I've had them both ways and they are all good!)
turkey bacon (or the real stuff)

  • Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds and membranes with a spoon. If you don't want your peppers to be hot, let them sit in cool water for a while. The longer they soak, the more mild they will be. I let mine soak for about an hour.
  • Combine the cream cheese and cheddar if you are using it. 
  • Spread the cheese to fill the peppers. Wrap it with bacon and secure it with a wet toothpick. Note toothpicks need to be wet so they don't burn on the grill!
  • Place on grill and cook until bacon is crispy.

1 comment:

  1. My neighbor makes these all the time and he'll text me to bring a plate and loads it up for me. I'm happy you posted this recipe because I was starting to worry how I'd get my fix once I move away. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It