Thursday, September 8, 2011

Double Dipped Oreos

     This week we visited Conner Prairie's Apple store. While we were there, I got my daughter a chocolate covered pretzel rod. As she was eating it I noticed that it was first dipped in caramel, then in chocolate. I tasted it, and it tasted just like a Twix candy bar! Then, I was inspired to try out that dipping combination with Golden Oreos.
     I wasn't sure there could be any improvement to Golden Oreos, but I found out there could. These are so good. It's too bad I only ate one since my husband had to take them to work for a pitch in!
    I think the combinations are endless...next time I might try dipping in peanut butter and chocolate or using regular oreos.

1 pkg caramel bits
2 Tbl water
4 squares chocolate candy coating
1 pkg golden oreos

  • Place greased wax paper on a cookie sheet.
  • Melt the caramel bits and water over medium-low heat. Stir constantly.
  • Dip the oreos in the melted caramel and place them on the wax paper cookie sheet.
  • After you dip the oreos, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to set for about an hour.
  • Take out of the refrigerator and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. This will loosen up the wax paper so it won't be stuck to the bottom of the cookies.
  • Melt the chocolate.
  • Dip the cookies in the chocolate making sure to cover the caramel on the back side so it won't stick to the wax paper.
  • Set on wax paper to cool.
linked up to
Sweet Treats Thursday
and
and 

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is genius!!! I'd love for you to link up to my Sweet Treats Party this weekend! Hope to see you there!

    Ashton @ Something Swanky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck! You just made delicious even more delicious!!! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by and following. I am now folowing. Ithink I am going to enjoy visiting your siteI just love making Sweets.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It