Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taco Pizza

     I was inspired to create this by this Taco Pizza recipe. When I saw this, I had just posted a taco salad recipe with the best "dressing." Well, it wasn't really a dressing. It was more like diced tomatoes with some flavoring. Anyhow, it really made the taco salad. When I saw Closet Cooking's recipe, I knew I would change it a bit and use that diced tomato idea.
     It turned out so well! I just love how the flavors melted together and the beer batter pizza dough really enhanced the taste too. If you don't have time to do homemade dough, I'm sure the store bought would be fantastic too.


Pizza dough
salsa
taco seasoning
ground turkey
shredded cheese
2 tomatoes
1Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl lime juice
salt and pepper

  • Brown meat and add taco seasoning.
  • Spread dough onto pizza pan. Top with salsa, meat, and shredded cheese.
  • Bake pizza until cheese is melted (or according to crust directions).
  • Combine tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. 
  • Spread tomato topping on pizza after removing from the oven.



3 comments:

  1. The pizza looks fantastic! I love anything taco.

    The black bean brownies that I made weren't the greatest. The kids liked them though. I still want to find an awesome recipe, I think I would rather not do a vegan version next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is pretty much how I feel about anything taco. I just found a new recipe for taco stuffed shells that you'll see soon:)
    Thanks for the tip on the brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pizza looks so delicious. The flavor sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It