Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Black Cherry Baked Apples

    I've started experimenting with apples this week. My idea tonight started with traditional baked apples. I prefer to have sliced apples, so I combined the two into this unusual and delicious treat. This is a fairly healthy apple dessert recipe. There is no added sugar, besides from the cherry Pepsi.

4 baking apples (I used golden delicious and jonathon)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cherries
1 cup cherry cola

  • Preheat the oven to 375*
  • Core and slice apples and place in 8x8 dish.
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon and dried cherries. Drizzle cherry cola on top.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, apples and cherries! Never seen that combination and I have been floating the foodie web-waves for some time. This looks spectacular.

    Sorry I haven't commented in so long! I have kind of fallen off the blogosphere this summer but, I still have been following and still love your recipes and will be a more devoted follower starting now!

    Thanks for always posting such awesome pieces :)
    -Meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it, I'm sure you'll like it. J was skeptical, but he finally gave in and tried it...and loved it. I look forward to seeing your new posts!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It