Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Pockets

     I have been buying plain yogurt for nearly a year now. It's very versatile, and you can add honey, fruit or whatever you want to flavor it. This week, I splurged a little and bought a big tub of Stonyfield Vanilla yogurt. I'm not sure I will be able to buy another brand again. It's so much creamier and smoother than other brands.
    When I was thinking of what to make for breakfast, I wanted to include yogurt and apples. Sometimes, fruit and yogurt just isn't enough to keep me filled up till my next meal, so I needed to have a grain too. Pita Pockets are perfect for this sort of thing. Fill them up with all the good stuff and you have a quick and easy, ready to go snack. When I was in Germany, several years ago, we ate many meals of pita pockets filled with various fruits or vegetables.
    I really enjoyed this breakfast. Really, you can't go wrong with fruit and yogurt. The pita just made it easier to eat, and J had the ability to eat a healthier breakfast in the car.

serves 2
2 whole wheat pita, split in half
about 12 Tbl vanilla yogurt
1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
cinnamon

  • Preheat broiler.
  • Place pita halves on baking sheet and broil for about a minute on each side. You just want it to be warm and lightly toasted.
  • Open each pocket and put 3 tablespoons of yogurt in each half. Put 1/4 of the apples in each half and sprinkle with cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It