Friday, October 14, 2011

Grilled Scotch Chops

     When I decided to make this recipe, I thought we had bourbon. That is what David Zinczenko said to use in his recipe. The day came to make it, and I found that we only had scotch but no bourbon (I feel like that should be some kind of country song). I guess the hubs was feeling a little crazy that day. So, the recipe became scotch chops instead. I think they would be great with bourbon, but they are amazing with scotch!
      I wish I would have made some different sides. The mac n' cheese just didn't seem to fit with such a "fancy" meat. This is what it means to live and eat with a two year old...fancy meat for mom and dad; mac n' cheese for everyone.

1/3 cup scotch (or bourbon)
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbl soy sauce
1 Tbl brown sugar
1 Tbl olive oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
pork chops (or chicken)

  • Mix the booze, honey, soy sauce, sugar, oil, ginger, and peppers in a large bowl. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the marinade.
  • Add chops to the rest of the marinade and toss to coat. 
  • Grill.
  • Nuke the remaining marinade on high for about 90 seconds and spoon over the chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It