Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Open Faced Turkey, Apple & Cheese

     I love fall, especially the apples. This week is apple themed, not only in my "totschool" with my two year old, but also with most of our meals. We started the week off with this wonderful cinnamon maple quinoa, and this morning we had an old favorite: apple pie oatmeal. We also had my mom's famous brown bag apple pie a couple of days ago, but I'm saving the post for all the sweets link ups later this week.
     For lunch today, we didn't have leftovers. I have seen a lot of recipes using apples and cheese, so I thought I'd try my hand at that. I was concerned that I wouldn't like the sweet and savory together, but I really did. In fact, I liked it even more than I had hoped. I plan to make this again! The dijon mustard and muenster were the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the apples.

1 slice whole wheat bread
about 1 tsp dijon mustard
about 1 tsp mayo (with olive oil)
mustard greens
1 onion slice
2 slices deli turkey breast
1/2 an apple
slice of muenster cheese
black pepper

  • Preheat broiler.
  • Spread mayo and mustard on bread. Layer on greens, onion, turkey, apple, and cheese. 
  • Broil about 4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
  • Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It