Sunday, November 13, 2011

Meatfree Monday:Lentil Soup

     I've never had lentil soup until now. I didn't know what to expect when I started looking up recipes. I didn't find one that I thought I would like every ingredient, so I combined a few (they are all so similar anyhow) and made my own. The result was a warm you up on a cold rainy day kind of soup, which was just what we needed since it was a cold rainy day.
     I thought it tasted a lot like vegetable soup. I served this up with some warm crusty bread, and it was very filling!

1 Tbl olive oil
1 large carrot, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups vegetable broth (I will use chicken or beef next time!)
1 cup dried lentils
1 can green chiles, drained
2 Tbl red wine vinegar
  • Heat the oil in soup pot (medium heat). Toss in the carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 3-5 minutes. 
  • Add the broth, lentils, and chiles. Season to taste with salt and pepper
  • Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. 
  • Stir in the vinegar and simmer 2 more minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I haven't tried lentil soup eithr - but yours looks good. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It