Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quick Cinnamon Croissants

    Did you know April 10 is National Cinnamon Croissant Day? I don't know who comes up with these food holidays, but I'm glad they did. It just gives you an excuse to try something new. I really wanted to make homemade cinnamon croissants today. As I started looking for recipes sometime last week, I realized that was going to be impossible at this point in my life. Mainly, because I have a three year old who wouldn't like it if I spent three days kneading and folding and chilling and everything else. That being said, I had to come up with a quicker way to celebrate Cinnamon Croissant Day.
    After looking at all those croissant recipes, I noticed that the croissant is basically just a puff pastry with tasty filling. I bought puff pastry at the store and made my croissants. If you want to try to make the "real thing," this recipe looked pretty tasty.

frozen puff pastry
butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cocoa powder

  • Thaw the whole package of puff pastry. When thawed, unfold the pastry so it makes one big rectangle (about 12x20inches).
  • Preheat oven to 400*
  • Take a stick of butter, and coat the pastry with the butter.
  • Mix together the sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Sprinkle this on top of the butter.
  • Starting with a long side of the rectangle, roll the pastry up like you would a cinnamon roll. Slice the log into 6 pieces.
  • Form each piece into a crescent shape and seal the edges so the filling will stay inside when you cook it. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes  or until pastry is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It