Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Watched Pot Never Boils...Over

     I have had to limit my Pinterest to only what my friends post on there. Otherwise, I would be on there all day. Seriously. I can't be the only one with this problem.
     The other day I saw a post for preventing the water from boiling over by simply placing a wooden spoon on the pot. Somehow, the wooden spoon collects just enough heat from the boiling water to prevent overflow. I had to try it. It didn't seem like a skinny wooden spoon would really prevent the crazy mess that usually occurs when I boil water.
It worked! The bubbles would come all the way up to the spoon, but when they touched the spoon they receded a little. They never came out of the pot.
I found this tip and several others on this blog. I'll be trying out a few more of them!

Previously Posted:
One year ago: Texas Caviar
Two years ago: Kicked Up Oatmeal Cookies

2 comments:

  1. THis is great! Now if I can just remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I actually remembered seeing it as my pot started to boil over which is why there is weird stuff on the side of my pot. I added the spoon, and it stopped!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It