Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Plan Aug. 22-28

     We won't be using our oven this week! We'll be having easy to make, stove-top meals in hopes to keep our house a little cooler. This will probably help me with my goal to stop eating sugar (baking cookies) for a couple of weeks. I started thinking about this a couple of weeks ago when I saw this post. It's been in my mind since I read it. I started looking around the Internet for stories of other people who quit and how they felt. I think I have a problem, and it looks like I'm not the only one. I can't eat just one cookie or a tiny scoop of ice cream. I go all out. I need to learn to control it, or not have any at all. I want to feel good and not have an afternoon slump. So, for the next few weeks I won't be using sugar...though I will still use honey and maple syrup, and maybe I'll even find a way to use those molasses that I bought.
Creamy Parmesan Bacon Pasta

Dinners:
Black Bean Quesadillas and Brown Rice
Creamy Parmesan Bacon Macaroni and Broccoli
Rice and Black Beans
Tortellini and Salad
Dad's birthday!

Breakfasts:
Plain yogurt w/ fruit and honey
yogurt and fruit smoothies
Toast w/ butter and fruit spread
Oatmeal w/ honey and cinnamon

Linked up to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm stopping by from Organizing Junkie today.
    Good luck in your sugar-free journey. I stopped all sugars in '83. Only recently have I been using natural sugar in recipes. I still adjust the amount to my taste.
    You have some wonderful meals planned this week.
    The humidity has arrived in Las Vegas. It has me wishing for our dry hot days.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It