Monday, August 13, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala

     It's Secret Recipe time again. It feels like it has been a while since I've taken part, but I really only took a month off. I was pretty excited when I received my assignment for this month: The Haggis and the Herring. I've run across this blog a couple of times before or read posts from others who have made their recipes. I dug right in to picking a recipe, and it didn't take me long to find one I wanted to make. In fact, I picked the second recipe I looked at. I thought it was too easy to pick after only looking at two, so I kept looking just to make sure. Really, I knew I had to make the chicken tikka masala though. Dan and Meredith have posted so many great looking recipes that I will be trying my hand at a few others in the coming weeks. Some include Blueberry Coffee Cake, Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, and my husband would be very disappointed if I didn't try his favorite dish: Chicken Vindaloo.
     On to the Tikka Masala. This is what I always order at an Indian restaurant. I've bought the premixed stuff at the store and I'm always so disappointed that my craving isn't met that we have to go to a restaurant to make up for the not so good stuff from the store. This is as good as any restaurant. Seriously. It's a little time consuming, but it's totally worth it. I think this may be the best dinner I have ever made. Jonathon said that is what he wants for dinner on his birthday.
     I pretty much followed the recipe as written, except for one change so I won't retype the recipe. I didn't intend to make a change, but I couldn't find a serrano pepper at the store. One was sold out, and the second didn't carry them. I put a few green chilies in instead. Jonathon added more to his plate to make it more spicy. I like to taste my food, so I didn't add extra.
     I made this with homemade naan and brown rice. Try the homemade naan. It's so good! If you still have room for more goodness, I recommend a Strawberry Lassi for dessert.







5 comments:

  1. Yum! I just had this for lunch. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin,
    We just love a great Chicken Masala and this is a great recipe. Looks like that two of us had Daniels blog this month, he has great recipes. A great choice for the SRC, hope you are having a great day.
    Miz Helen
    Group B SRC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what accolades! We haven't made that in a while and I think we should try it again soon. We're so glad you were happy with the recipe and hope you enjoy others as well.

    At dinner, Meredith started talking about your post and I got confused (see Miz. Helen's comment) - maybe it was about being orphaned last month.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love chicken tikki masasla but have never made it. This looks delicious. Visiting from SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take out fake outs are always a hit. great job

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It