Monday, August 27, 2012

Menu Plan Aug 26-Sept 1

     I'm so proud of myself for going to the gym everyday last week. I think starting off the day with a workout makes you think of what you are eating for the rest of the day. And, it sure makes you thirsty so you drink a lot of water. I've been logging my progress on myfitnesspal which also keeps track of your calories taken in and out. My workout buddy found me on there, so she can make sure I keep up with it too!
    In an effort to stay on track, I've been having to rethink some of our favorite meals. I'm trying to make them healthier and less processed. Sometimes, I find it impossible to change and some things are easy. I've found several food blogs which focus on "Real Food." If you know of any, send their link my way. Here's the plan for this week...

Cookout w/Friends: Grilled burgers, make your own salad bar, fruit salad with honey lime dressing, corn on the cob
Salad: spinach, grilled chicken, veggies
Tacos: ground turkey and black beans, homemade whole wheat tortillas, and homemade MexiRice
Grilled Chicken Legs and Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Broccoli Chicken StirFry with Brown Rice
Homemade Pizza: using Beer Batter Pizza Dough
Breakfast: Omelets, Toast, Fruit

Linked up to OrgJunkie's Menu plan Monday

2 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from Meal Plan Monday. Good for you in getting to the gym every day--that is impressive! Your menu looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog has a focus on real food (also called traditional food) - it's at http://gapsfort2.blogspot.com/

    Note that it's only a few months old, so not gobs of recipes yet. But... check out my Blogroll, most of those are real food/traditional food links (except the obvious diabetes, heart disease, etc.) BAZILLIONS of recipes on all those blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It