Monday, August 13, 2012

Menu Plan August 12-18

     The theme for this week's menu plan is "Use What You Have." When I started to look at what I already had to plan what I needed to buy, I realized there wasn't much to buy. I might even be able to go two weeks with what we already have! I might have to go buy some milk, but other than that I think we should be set. When I realized this, I'm thinking it's almost and experiment to see how long I can go...or how creative I can be. I'm starting to realize that I need to simplify this whole meal planning idea anyhow. We don't need to have a big, fancy dinner every night. There is nothing wrong with having a plain simple grilled cheese every now and then. In fact, Eden would think that was the best meal ever!

Dinners this week include:
State Fair junk food (the Spaghetti Ice Cream was delicious!)
Chicken Casserole
Rice and Beans
Chicken Veggie Fajitas
Burgers and Fries
Mongolian Chicken, Brown Rice, Veggies
Omelets and Toast

Snacks include:
LaraBars
Yogurt with fruit/granola
fruit
applesauce
Cheese and crackers or whole wheat pretzels
Peanut Butter Balls
Strawberry Ice Cream

linked up to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday

1 comment:

  1. Your menu looks delicious - especially the Mongolian chicken! I love occasionally having a week of just using up what we have - it's amazing how creative you can get!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It