Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pinteresting Review: Chick-Fil-A Nuggets

     I think every one of the pinners I follow pinned this recipe claiming to taste just like Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets. I had high expectations after reading all the comments after the post. My favorite suggestion was to make these with a Sister Schubert dinner roll wrapped around them to taste like chicken minis. Well, I couldn't find the Sister Schubert dinner rolls, so I can't vouch for that, but I did make the nuggets.
    First, you soak the chicken bits in a milk and egg mixture for a while. This helps moisten up the chicken. Then you throw the nuggets into a bag of flour and seasonings. Finally, you put them in a vat of peanut oil. I used the fondue pot to keep the oil at an even 375*. Don't judge me. I had to test the pin and compare to the real thing.
     The result was a very tender, moist chicken nugget with crispy and sweet exterior. Delicious as it was, it did not taste like Chick-fil-a's nugget. I might make them again, baking them next time, because they were very tasty....though it will be a while because with the powdered sugar, I don't think that is the healthiest way to prepare nuggets! Although, you could argue it's healthier than the restaurant's chemical filled version.
Here is the link again to the recipe should you want to try them for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It