Saturday, October 13, 2012

DIY Preschool Recap Oct 1-5, 2012

     For preschool this week, our theme was one of my favorite things: Ice Cream! Big E loved learning about ice cream, and even had a chance to make her own at the end of the week. As you can guess, our letter of the week was Ii. The number was 4, and the word was "can."

Daily Skills:
AWANA verse & activities
Calendar time: add day, count days, sing days of week, months, today is...
weather
color, number, letter, word of week review
Sing ABC's while point to the correct letter (one-to-one correspondence)
Skill of day: inchworm pattern, graphing, and counting, BrainQuest pages, colors and shapes
Read Easy Reader

Other Activities:
Look at I is for page, cut those apart
Use I is for and H is for page cutouts to sort by beginning sounds
Add I is for pictures to our Alpha-book (pictured here)
Look for "I" everywhere (stores, books, etc)
Put snack in groups of 4, give each person 4, add 4 raisins to ants on a log
spell "can" with playdoh or magnetic letters
look for "can" in books and on signs
review sight words: "and, the, see" fishing game (magnetic fish, read the word when caught)
review sight words: pick up game (throw down cards with words, and she picks up what I call out)
Read families-themed books: Curious George Goes to the Ice Cream Shop, Milk to Ice Cream, From Milk to Ice Cream
Make I letter craft
make homemade ice cream in ziploc bag (recipe follows)
Starfall.com "I", calendar
H puzzle
alphabet maze  I
Kumon cutting page

Ice Cream in a bag recipe:
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbl sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla

2 cups ice cubes
1/2 cup salt

  • Put milk, sugar, and vanilla in a small resealable bag. Tape the bag to ensure it stays closed tight. 
  • Fill a large resealable bag with the ice cubes and salt.
  • Put the milk bag inside the ice bag. Tape up the ice bag too.
  • Shake the bags until the mixture turns into ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a great activity idea. My son, he's 4, is so eager to learn and very hands on. I have saved this page so we can have an ice cream day. Happy Sunday Robin!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It