Monday, October 8, 2012

Menu Plan Oct 7-13

     This week will be filled with fun Fall activities. I think Fall might be my favorite time of year...or at least I really like doing Fall type activities. Hayrides, Headless Horseman, pumpkin patch, bonfires, and apple orchards are all among my favorite things. I don't like the cold that comes with it, but I deal with it to do the fun stuff. On a side note, a bonfire isn't complete without s'mores...or my two variations thereof: using Reese cups instead of a chocolate bar...or using dark chocolate and raspberries with the marshmallows. Yum!
     Despite all these fun Fall activities, I've still be working my rear off at the gym. Literally. I'm down 8lbs in two months! Slowly, I'm finding ways to enjoy my favorite foods in healthier ways or in moderation. I've signed up for a 5k on Thanksgiving Day, so I'll be able to make up for having to eat 2 Thanksgiving dinners! I'm already planning how to eat healthy on that day too.

     When we will be eating at home, this is our plan:

Breakfasts:
yogurt parfaits with frozen berries and granola
egg and turkey bacon sandwiches
oatmeal with cookie butter!
chocolate oatmeal pancakes
apple muffins (whole wheat, naturally sweetened)

Snacks:
smoothies
fruit and cheese sticks
crackers or veggies and hummus
nuts/trail mix
yogurt

Dinners:
Taco Salad
Pork in Garlic Sauce, brown rice
peanut butter and berries sandwiches (brown bag dinner!)
Headless Horseman foods
Broccoli & Italian Sausage Pasta
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza on whole wheat beer batter pizza dough

Linked up to Menu Plan Monday
Taco Salad

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by for a blog visit from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday today!
    My husband and I had a wonderful weekend. Lots of walking in Las vegas.
    I love this time of year when the temps have cooled down to something liveable in Las Vegas!
    When I opened our coat closet I didn't get hit with a blast of heat today. Now that's much better.
    I'll be on the lookout for soup recipes to add to my recipe file box.

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It