Monday, October 15, 2012

Pork Stir-Fry with Garlic Sauce

     It's Secret Recipe time again. This month, I was given the blog What's Brewing in the Kitchen. My favorite thing about Amy and Zach's blog is the number of healthy recipes they have posted. There were so many delicious looking recipes, it was hard to pick just one to spotlight for this month's reveal. I've pinned apple scones and parmesan crusted chicken to make another time, but I'm focusing on this stir-fried pork today.
     I took Amy's advice and bought the hoisin sauce and sesame oil. She was right, it really set this stir-fry apart from others. I think there will be plenty of recipes to try using those ingredients, especially since we love Asian inspired dishes.
    Overall, the pork stir fry was excellent. It was full of flavor and pretty easy to make. The hardest part was figuring out the amount of ingredients to use, since my pork was about 1-1/4 lb! Everyone at our house enjoyed it very much. We actually made it twice, since we bought a whole bottle of dry sherry to make it. We also used the dry sherry for a chicken recipe that I'll be posting pretty soon.
     If you are interested in the nutritional information, with my 1-1/4lb pork and all the proportional adjustments, I ended up with 3-1/2 one-cup servings.  The nutritional information will be the same, just not as many servings. This dish has 342 calories, 14g carbs, 15g fats, 29g protein, 6g sugar, and 3g of fiber per one-cup serving. I served this with 2/3cup of brown rice which brought my calorie total for this dinner to 494.

slightly adapted from What's Brewing in the Kitchen
3/4 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp dry sherry
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbl fresh ginger
5 tsp peanut oil
a handful of diced onion
orange or red bell pepper, sliced
bag of frozen broccoli
Garlic Sauce:
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
3 Tbl hoisin sauce
1 Tbl soy sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

  • Toss the pork with the soy sauce and sherry. 
  • In another small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, and 2tsp of the oil.
  • Prepare the garlic sauce.
  • Heat 1 more teaspoon of oil in a skillet over high. 
  • Add pork and cook, stirring to break up clumps, until browned. Transfer to clean bowl.
  • Add 1 more teaspoon of oil to the same pan. Add onion and cook until tender.
  • Add another teaspoon of oil and bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, steam the frozen broccoli.
  • Add the garlic mixture you made at the beginning.
  • Stir into the vegetables and add the pork and broccoli.
  • Whisk the garlic sauce and add to the skillet.





6 comments:

  1. I love anything with garlic, and this looks tasty. I had fun choosing one of your recipes. We loved the pumpkin nutella muffins...next time, I'll try the cream cheese with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Good choice for SRC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific, quick meal! We could even have this on our busy lesson night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,
    Your Pork Stir Fry with Garlic Sauce looks fabulous, we will just love it. Great selection for the SRC.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you liked it! This reminds me I need to make it again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It