Thursday, March 7, 2013

Banana Yogurt Protein Muffins

    The other day on my Facebook page, I mentioned some banana yogurt muffins that were high in protein and delicious. I can't believe how well these turned out. Basically, I just took my favorite banana bread recipe and made a couple of healthy substitutions.
     I was inspired by the container of Greek yogurt sitting in my fridge. Then, I went on the chobani website, where you can find ways to substitute Greek yogurt into your recipes (scroll to bottom of page for the chart). There is actually a recipe for banana muffins on the chobani website, but it calls for a lot more sugar than my version...and my version is fabulous if I do say so myself.
     I'll admit I was a little wary of the substitution making the muffins have a different texture. Have no fear, these muffins are moist and flavorful. You won't even know they are healthy! These are loaded with healthy whole wheat, protein, and fiber, and they taste great. The nutritional information per muffin is 134 calories, 17g carbs, 2g fat, 5g protein, 4g sugar, and 2g fiber.


Banana Yogurt Muffins

by Robin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 2 c flour (1-3/4 c if using whole wheat like me)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 c Chobani vanilla with chocolate chunks
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 3 tsp stevia
  • 1 egg (or 1Tbl flax + 3Tbl water)
  • 2-3 bananas (I like to use the over-ripe bananas left at the end of the week)
  • 3 Tbl chobani vanilla with chocolate chunks
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350* Line muffin tin.
Combine yogurt and sugar. Beat thoroughly.
Add egg.
Peel and mash bananas with a fork. Add to creamed mixture.
Then add the rest of the yogurt and dry ingredients alternately. Mix until blended.
Pour into muffin cups
Bake about 20 minutes at 350* or til toothpick comes out clean
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Note

For the present, anonymous comments are not allowed at Robin, Restored due to the large number of spam comments that make it through Blogger's spam filter. I'm sorry about those of you who comment as Anonymous and sign your names. I'll try later to enable the function again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sharing

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It